Sunday, July 17, 2011

Importing Email Addresses Into Gmail

We switched over to gmail accounts instead of stamp mail.
It happened very suddenly.
And all at once, I'm learning to deal with a new look.
Change is hard for me.
Especially when it's something I can practically do in my sleep.
The new look and procedures totally threw me for a loop.

It wasn't until I went to send out an email to a friend...that doesn't work in my district, that I realized another aspect to this change.
My address book WAS NOT included in my new gmail account!

I quickly went looking for an import function and found it!

But first I had to export my addresses from my stamp mail.
To do this, I simply selected all addresses in my address book and exported them as vCards, saving them to my desktop.

I then went into my Gmail account.
In the top left corner, under Mail is CONTACTS.
Click on Contacts.
In the middle of the page should be a menu option that says "More Actions" with a down arrow.  Click on it.
Choose Import.
Wa-la!  All my addresses with just a few clicks!
I couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment