AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!
Holy cow!!!
How will I do this?
Where do I start?
It seems so overwhelming!!
These are my thoughts after one CCS district planning session.
Do we move half of the Algebra 1 curriculum down to the 8th grade level?
Do I create my own curriculum?
Do I know how to create my own curriculum?
Do I know the sequence I need to use in this new curriculum? What is the best order to teach these skills?
Do I truly understand the math behind these concepts and see the whole picture?
Do I dare attempt to create ALUs for these new concepts?
Of course, this will be over time.
Nothing worth doing, or at least doing right, is created overnight.
After an email exchange with a district who has already taught a year of CCS, I am going to use their journey as a map for mine.
1. Unpack the standards (just got an email today cautioning teachers of unpacking or deconstructing the standards).
~ In my October CCS meeting at ESSDACK we compared the KS standards to the CCS standards. I have all my work. This is where I will start.
2. Identify the levels of Bloom for the new standards. This should be interesting.
At the same time, I'll explore the DOK (Depth of Knowledge) levels and see how they fit as well.
3. After "getting messy" with the standards and hopefully gaining a better understanding, I'll try to break them up into units.
4. Then, I create a cross walk of the old and the new...adding in the KS standards that will still be assessed into these units. These "old" standards can then be removed as needed in the future.
5. Identify skills for each unit of standards.
6. Create a project and activities for each unit.
That's the plan!
Now...to get started!
No comments:
Post a Comment