It's been an iPad kind of week.
With my student teacher taking on the reins of all my classes,
I have found myself with a little more time to play,
work on,
figure out,
trouble shoot,
sync,
with the iPads.
I spent almost all day today figuring out how to create a chart using Numbers.
It sounds so simple.
Tap.
Double tap.
Drag.
However, the chart that kept appearing was NOT my data.
Soooo....
I enlisted the help of YouTube.
Yep!
If you can't figure it out, you can bet someone else has.
It's best to go seeking answers instead of constantly banging your head against the wall.
No matter how many times I tapped, double tapped, or dragged that chart around, it wasn't working.
So, after my iPad week, here is what I know...
1) how to get AR on the iPad (it was really pretty simple and involved asking someone with a little more know-how on the subject to simply email me the steps).
2) how to make that chart on Numbers. We are now ready for our lesson plan next week, complete with step by step instructions so I don't forget between now and then.
3) how to delete apps from an iPad (check out my FAQ section in my iPad LiveBinder).
4) what DropBox is. Still not sure on how to use it in the classroom setting with students.
5) that students have an inner desire to hack passcodes. My ingenious passcode idea was deciphered within 5 minutes of handing an 8th grader an iPad. Sooo...onto plan B...figuring out an unhackable passcode.
6) that I can create a ScreenChomp how-to video and import it into my classroom blog!
That's it for now!
There's so much more
to learn,
to play with,
to figure out,
to sync,
to troubleshoot,
to explain,
to question,
to ponder,
to create,
to discover,
to research,
that the list could go on and on and on and on.....
No comments:
Post a Comment