Tuesday, September 20, 2011

From Flashdrive to iPad

Conundrum:  A student walks in with a project started in Pages.  She has saved her work on a flashdrive.  She now wants to finish working on her project in class on the iPad.

How do you get the assignment from the flashdrive to the iPad?

I'm sure there are a lot of ways.
I'm also sure that there are more ways being developed as I write this.

We tried putting it on the teacher laptop and syncing to the iPad.  We couldn't find it.
I thought about saving it as an ePub...but then it would be a finished product, not something she could continue working on.

A para suggested downloading the file onto the teacher laptop.  Then emailing it to himself in google email.  Once it's been emailed, open up google email on the iPad to retrieve the file.

Yep!
It worked!

But is there an easier way?
The search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment