Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Ramping up and Differentiating

Rigor.
Relevance.
Higher level.
Real life.
Bloom's.
Outside of these four walls.

These are the thoughts that keep swirling through my brain these days
As I look at each unit to "ramp it up"

Then throw in differentiated learning
And my brain goes into overdrive!

Finally, how do we weave the iPads and technology into this tapestry of learning?
And that's when I have to go for a run.
To clear my head so I can think clearly again.

The last two standards that I have ramped up are not connected to the Common Core.
All this work to create something for only the next year or two.
But...if it makes a difference for these kiddos that I have right now,
Then it was worth it.

Integer Dot-To-Dot Puzzle
Differentiated:  Students make up their own problems at their understanding level
Rigor Level:  Create...Students must create their own problems, put them in order from least to greatest for the dot to dot puzzle.
Real World Level:  2...Students create a dot-to-dot puzzles for others to solve to practice integer operations.






Wondering About Proportions In My World
Differentiated:  Students can pick a question to investigate.
Rigor Level:  Applying...
Real World Level:  4...Real World Predictable




With all this ramping up business and individual projects, I've learned a very important lesson.
Grading these projects take FOREVER!
Everyone is different and unique.
Kind of like each student
In the real world.
Ok.
I get it!  
It's all good!

No comments:

Post a Comment