To change things up a bit for today's lesson, I chose to lead the whole class discussion from the Smartboard instead of from the problems in the book. This way, the discussion could go in the direction for each class's needs. I wanted to use some of the problems from the book though, as our springboard...our jumping off point for the new concept. So I simply placed a student textbook under the document camera and snapped a few photos. In iPhoto, I cropped and straightened the pictures. I also had to go back and "enhance" the pictures to make them brighter so they would be clearer on the Smartboard. This process took very little time and allowed me to use the Smartboard markers to help show student's thinking in the solving process.
Next time, I would probably use the scanner to see if I got a better quality picture. The process might not be as easy and efficient as the Avervision...but I won't know until I try.
Moving forward is a good thing. If you don't move, you become stagnant. If you become stagnant, you smell. (I'm going with a creek bed analogy here...stay with me). "It Is What It Is" helps us to keep our sanity as we try new things, but at the same time we should never settle for "what it is". We should constantly reflect and learn to move our teaching and our student's learning to higher levels so the classroom doesn't turn stale.
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment