Another fun moment in math class. :)
Moving forward is a good thing. If you don't move, you become stagnant. If you become stagnant, you smell. (I'm going with a creek bed analogy here...stay with me). "It Is What It Is" helps us to keep our sanity as we try new things, but at the same time we should never settle for "what it is". We should constantly reflect and learn to move our teaching and our student's learning to higher levels so the classroom doesn't turn stale.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Math Class Funny
Since we've been focusing on adding and subtracting integers these last two days, the students have been focusing on the number lines that I have around the room a lot more. Today, one student remarked, "Hey, that number line is ripped." Under his breath, another student muttered, "Like my abs." No one else heard him but me. I thought it was hilarious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment