A Math Glossary at the touch of a button. Simple scroll down a list math terms to find the definition and in some cases a picture of the concept. I quickly scanned to see if 8th grade terms were included on the list. I was surprised to find that there were actually quite a few that pop up in our math conversations. We just finished a unit on transformations and the glossary included definitions for all the transformations except rotation. The one thing it does not include is a "how to" section. Depending on how I would use this app, this could be a good thing.
As a side note, definitions can be in either English or Spanish.
Moving forward is a good thing. If you don't move, you become stagnant. If you become stagnant, you smell. (I'm going with a creek bed analogy here...stay with me). "It Is What It Is" helps us to keep our sanity as we try new things, but at the same time we should never settle for "what it is". We should constantly reflect and learn to move our teaching and our student's learning to higher levels so the classroom doesn't turn stale.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment