This site has some tutorials and tips for the Splashtop Remote.
With Splashtop Remote, I am able to commandeer my desktop from my iPad. I am hoping this will work with my Smartboard, so I am able to walk around the room as I teach.
After some experimentation, I have found that I can run the Smartboard with all of its functions from my iPad remotely. However, I am unable to write on the iPad and have it appear on the screen. Writing must have to be done on a Smartboard pad of some sort.
To download the software for your laptop, click here.
To download the app for your iPad, click here.
Once everything was downloaded, I had to choose a password that contained letters and numbers and was 8-20 units long.
It was amazing to see it connect and for me to take control of the computer! My iPad gave some helpful hints of how to navigate on the screen.
Moving forward is a good thing. If you don't move, you become stagnant. If you become stagnant, you smell. (I'm going with a creek bed analogy here...stay with me). "It Is What It Is" helps us to keep our sanity as we try new things, but at the same time we should never settle for "what it is". We should constantly reflect and learn to move our teaching and our student's learning to higher levels so the classroom doesn't turn stale.
No comments:
Post a Comment