I think I may have found my graphing calculator for next year! It is the PI 83 (much like the TI-83). And it's only $0.99!!
Features that I like:
~ Can change the size of the calculator by simply tapping on the 1x or 2x on the bottom right of the screen.
~ Can view the calculator in CALC mode or Y= mode
~ Can change the keypad by tapping menu at the bottom of the screen
ABC (shows keyboard),
MATH (use this to find things such GCD, LCM, absolute values, square roots),
PROB (some functions will be useful in the middle school classroom, others more so at the high school level),
TRIG (all trig functions)
Moving forward is a good thing. If you don't move, you become stagnant. If you become stagnant, you smell. (I'm going with a creek bed analogy here...stay with me). "It Is What It Is" helps us to keep our sanity as we try new things, but at the same time we should never settle for "what it is". We should constantly reflect and learn to move our teaching and our student's learning to higher levels so the classroom doesn't turn stale.



No comments:
Post a Comment