~ Discussed the goals for the class period...gather 10+ pieces of data and find the central tendencies.
~ Set aside about 20 minutes to get computers up
and running (this took about 5 min. per class as we had to shut down and restart every hour), gather the data,
and calculate the mean, median, and mode.
~ Had an executive meeting where I congratulated everyone on their new job at the ad agency. Went over the ad requirements and materials list to get everyone started thinking for tomorrow's work session.
This is what I learned...
1. Write down items to be completed on the board to serve as a checklist. As a list person, this always helps me organize my time. Evidently, this is a trait that is developed later in life. Took much longer to collect 10+ prices...students spent a LOT of time looking for just the perfect item, etc.
However, I have to identify with this a bit, because when I look of information, I, too, can get sidetracked with the details and all the options.
2. Announce specific time frames to finish each task. This seemed to help, but it did not spur on everyone.
3. Students were very engaged. There were only a couple times I had to redirect the discussion, but for the most part, everyone was involved in gathering and looking at the items and their prices. I just wish it would have taken them less time.
Questions
1. What should we be working on to avoid the distractability of the web? To keep our focus on the task at hand?
No comments:
Post a Comment