As I worked on my lesson plan, "An Average Ad", trying to organize all the ideas that were spilling from my brain, I would realize new concepts that needed to be included in this initial lesson. Students are new to this concept of infusing technology into their learning. Everything must be modeled and taught these first couple of times so they know what to expect.
The "new" concepts that trickled in as I wrote out the lesson were as follows:
1) I must set up and model group roles. Students need to all be accountable for a portion of the project. The group roles that I settled on after researching cooperative group roles were:
A. Leader/Data Collector
B. Recorder/Data Consultant
C. Technician
D. Presenter
2) A storyboard! I remember Tammy Gitchell talking about this at the Kick-Off meeting. So, after researching what seemed like an endless list of storyboards, the one that I have included in my templates is the one I chose for my first project.
3) I needed to make-up a rubric so students would know what is expected.
No comments:
Post a Comment