Started my discussion on Euler Circuits the other day on the white board, and at the end of the class I realized that we were about to discover the "secret" for why we can trace each path on some but we can't on others. The students had all taken notes, but I wanted a copy to refer to for the next day's discussion and knew that the board would be cleaned between now and then. So, using my trusty digital camera, I took a photo of the board.
The possibilities from this point were many. I could have made a Powerpoint slide or a Smartboard lesson from this. I took the easy way out and just printed off my pictures to place under my document camera.
Upon reflection of my decision, I'm thinking that had I made it into a Smartboard lesson, we could have traced the pathes with the various markers. Erased the pathes if they didn't work, and if we had added to the lesson, we would have had documentation of our discussion.
Live and learn. That's what it's all about!
No comments:
Post a Comment