It amazes me what I can learn about technology from the kids! They know so much more than I do!
I started out the lesson by going over the rubric for the project...
...and then teaching them how to create a graph on an online graphing calculator.
But from that point forward, they took control and I basically became the student! :)
Today was very productive for our Public Service Announcements for the food drive. For the first time, I saw real teamwork in action! For example, one student was working on the sound in Garageband, one student was in Powerpoint creating the slides to import into iMovie, and one was on AtomicLearning figuring out how to work iMovie. The flip camera was used and videos were quickly downloaded into iMovie. I was surprised when students asked to use the digital camera, but quickly saw their reasoning when I looked at the progress in their project.
I learned several new things today...
1) One does not need the flip camera to video, you can use iMovie in a quiet location!
2) One doesn't even need the flip camera...you can use photo booth. However, the photo will be flipped so you have to go to Edit and Flip Photo.
3) Photobooth doesn't just take photos, you can literally tape a "newscast" on it to use in a public service announcement.
Moving forward is a good thing. If you don't move, you become stagnant. If you become stagnant, you smell. (I'm going with a creek bed analogy here...stay with me). "It Is What It Is" helps us to keep our sanity as we try new things, but at the same time we should never settle for "what it is". We should constantly reflect and learn to move our teaching and our student's learning to higher levels so the classroom doesn't turn stale.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment