The idea to blog in the classroom keeps nudging its way into my thoughts. But then the logistical questions seem to push it back out. I was hoping to get some answers at this session. I left with lots of ideas and new learning, but those logistical how-to's are still knocking around my brain. Something to explore is all my free time. :) Below are my notes...
Back channel... TodaysMeet
Students can chat/discuss about the topic as class goes on
Can allow the quiet ones to speak and contribute
Can allow those that talk all the time to contribute all ideas
Become more confident in writing
Learn things about themselves
Blogging makes things more personal
Teach them appropriate academic blogging
Posterous...one of the top blogs
Not blogger, not word press
Still very good
- kids log In..create their own user name and profile
- keep it open so anyone can see it
How can it be used?
- to show a site they like
- to share a tech tip
- to post a question
- can use as a kwl
Can make a group with email addresses for a group
Kidblog...private
Edu.blog
Questions I still have?
- how do I manage student's comments?
- do I create a blog for classroom use as well as parent communication?
- student email issues
Moving forward is a good thing. If you don't move, you become stagnant. If you become stagnant, you smell. (I'm going with a creek bed analogy here...stay with me). "It Is What It Is" helps us to keep our sanity as we try new things, but at the same time we should never settle for "what it is". We should constantly reflect and learn to move our teaching and our student's learning to higher levels so the classroom doesn't turn stale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment