Sunday, March 13, 2011

Stick To It Campaign

For the past two years (or has it been three?) I have held a "Stick To It" campaign in my math classes.  During the two weeks before assessments, we have some "stick" reminder that even though we have learned all the material and have worked through all the lessons, we must "Stick To It" to review all we know for the state assessment.

Items I have used to promote this positive attitude have included...
~ Gum
~ Laffy Taffy
~ Painter's Tape (we make a blue armband to show everyone in school that we are still working hard!)
~ BandAids with the words "Stick To It"
~ Popsicle Stick with the words "Stick To It"...we've determined that these can make good bookmarks.
~ Pixy Stix
~ Chic-o-Stics
~ Stickers
~ Marshmallows
~ Post It Notes

And now, today, I have a technology addition to our campaign.  Cale was showing me this cool marching band out of Hawaii.  Low and behold...the band formed a stick figure!  I'm sure I can work this into the campaign at some level!



This year's collection of Stick To It items:

No comments:

Post a Comment