Thursday, April 14, 2011

Short Reflection on TRC

Prompted by a survey question from Amber Rowland...

Changes in myself...HUGE!  For every topic, my thought process immediately goes to how I can weave technology into student learning.  I have taken lessons/activities/projects and have spiced them up with various forms of technology...trying not to overuse an idea but to always keep it fresh and challenging.  I feel more confident using the technology and troubleshooting when things go awry.  It has been so much fun to learn about all the opportunities out there that can be used to advance student understanding in math.  I still have items on my list of where I can continue to grow next year...LiveBinders, eBooks, and incorporating music into my teaching just to name a few.  One area that I would love to explore more is using the technology AS the math instead of as a way to SHOW the math.

Changes in students... Students have become more engaged and creative when using the technology to demonstrate their learning.  They are much more proficient in their technology skills and even in their communication skills.  I'm hoping their math understanding has improved as well...time will tell.

Changes in the classroom/school...Students have taken their technology learning into other classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment