Sunday, April 10, 2011

Using Technology (or not) to Review - Part 3 - Tangrams & Hangman


I'm needing a short, quick review game.
So I went to the web.
Going online never fails me.
There is always something there.
And if it isn't exactly what I'm needing
It usually spurs my thinking to create something that will work for our needs.

I found these review games.

Since I'm needing a short and sweet game, Hangman or the Tangrams seem to be the best fit.
There is online applets for students to manipulate for each game...
However, that may even take too much time to get all the laptops up and going.  We may just use paper and pencil.


Here's how I envision the rules for the game.

HANGMAN RULES
1)  Students sit at tables...each student has a number #1-4.
2)  Each student solves the problem.
3)  I spin a spinner and have all the students with that number stand.
4)  I randomly select a student.
5)  If the student has it correct, they can guess a letter.  If their answer is incorrect, I can have someone else solve the problem.

Variation:  Students solve the problems in their team.  Teams are numbered #1-5.  The spinner dictates which team can answer.




TANGRAM RULES
1)  Students work in teams to correctly solve each problem.
2)  If the problem is solved correctly, they receive a tangram piece.
3)  Once all tangrams have been received, they get a card with a tangram picture.  The team that correctly places all tangrams to form that picture wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment