Saturday, February 11, 2012

Socrative.com

It's an online testing site that works on iPads.
It's an exit ticket tool.
It's socrative.com!!!!


I think I am going to love Love LOVE this latest webtool.
I can create quizzes that students take on the iPads.
The computer grades the quizzes for me if I input the answers on my end.
Either way, I can download a report into Excel to see student responses.

It's easy to learn.
Fast to use.
And it's FREE!!!!


I can use it to replace the use of clickers in my room.
Students can take the quiz on paper first
(In math this is how I do it so that they can show their work)
And then input their answers after they finish.

The only drawback is that it's web-based.
So students have access to the internet.
Which could have negative effects on say, like, a history quiz.

I don't have to hook my laptop to a projector.
I just have to start the quiz from the laptop,
Students log into my classroom,
Take the quiz,
And then I end the quiz and clear the room.

Quizzes can be student or teacher paced.
Same as eInstruction clickers.
I can randomize questions.
I can select to give the student immediate feedback...or not.


As students take the test,
You can view live results to see how it's going.


What will they think of next?
I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment