Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Well-Oiled Machine...Well, Getting There

Wooooowwwwwww....
I think I have finally seen a differentiated classroom running smoothly,
Well, fairly smoothly,
And the cool thing is,
It was my classroom!

Now, I have to admit it was only one class,
But, what I saw and experienced, I liked!

Students were solving equations at all different levels.
One-step.  Two-step.  Multi-step.
Videos were running.
Quizzes were being taken.
Conversations were focused.
And I was just facilitating wherever I was needed.

A couple of things to consider to increase the efficiency of this machine I have created.
1.  Have a testing/quizzing table set up with a testing partition for those that need a quiet environment to quiz out.  This will also deter roaming eyes.
2.  Instead of constantly getting up to seek me out, have students seek out the help of others before putting their name on the "Help" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment