Okay, so today I'm reflecting back to Thursday's lesson. The concept of the Real Number System is getting a bad rap this year as far as scheduling goes. We started becoming experts on the categories a week ago (9/16). We worked on creating presentations for two days...a little less as we always started each class reviewing where we had finished the previous lesson (9/20 and 9/23). I have to admit, I was fairly impressed with how groups just got back in the swing of things to create their presentation. As suggested, some groups were even referring back to their rubrics to make sure all pieces were part of their presentations. Of course, there are always two sides to every coin. As much as I would like to believe that all students were authentically engaged, I did have to redirect several groups to stay on task. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Monday's presentations.
Presentation Plan
1. Allow 5 minutes to finalize plans since we did not have class on Friday.
2. Hand out Frayer Model graphic organizers. As a class, go over the five pieces of the model and what is expected in their notes.
3. After first presentation, model with the students what notes to have taken.
4. Encourage questioning so notes are complete to study from.
No comments:
Post a Comment