Started the class today with an introduction to get students minds back on track. Students were actually finding me in the hallway and asking if they could have a little extra time at the beginning of class to work on their projects for a variety of reasons. So, to begin each class, I told them about these students' needs to be able to get their presentations up and going. I had already decided that I would give them about 10 minutes, but by focusing on a few things that students were concerned about was a great way to stimulate some thoughts: to check their presentation against their rubric, to add one more slide, or to figure out who was going to say what.
I was impressed with most of today's presentations...although we only got through two of the categories. Some students used the Smartboard software to present their material. The lesson that follows was really well done. They used a slide to define their category and then an interactive game for students to figure out what were examples and what were non-examples.




No comments:
Post a Comment