- Discuss strategies to provide students with choices in the classroom
I've used menus...three offerings for appetizers (lighter activity), three offerings for main course (the "meatiest" of the activities), and three desserts to choose from (usually a more creative approach...something a little sweeter).
I've also used tic tac toe boards for students to choose 3 activities in a row. The activities I choose focus around various learning styles so there is a tic-tac-toe for everyone.
In technology projects, students almost always have a choice in their final product and the application they use to create this product. Sometimes, as in the case of the "Pythagorean Theorem/Career" project, students had a choice in the career they chose to look at. In the "Close the Door to Hunger", students had a choice of the food item to investigate.
2.Discuss your opinion about entrance and exit cards and brainstorm strategies to incorporate technology in this practice.
I have a colleague that uses this strategy all the time. I have tried it several times, but up to this point, it hasn't found a place in my routine. I haven't given up on the idea, as I think it's a good one. How to incorporate technology into this practice?
~ Wallwisher
~ Google Surveys
~ Kan-Ed Backpack
3. How do you promote team spirit in the TRC classroom and explain how it contributes to student success.
4. Discuss how you maintain student motivation and how technology can be used to facilitate this process. Please provide specific examples or brainstorm new ideas for future use in the classroom.
To maintain student motivation, I have always believed that variety in the lessons is essential. It's important to develop a routine, but the lesson presentation and practice should vary. I use songs, stories, Smartboard lessons, videos, guided notes, graphic organizers, technology, student presentations, concrete/hands-on materials, real life examples, etc to infuse varying lesson formats to keep student interest.
To maintain student motivation, I have always believed that variety in the lessons is essential. It's important to develop a routine, but the lesson presentation and practice should vary. I use songs, stories, Smartboard lessons, videos, guided notes, graphic organizers, technology, student presentations, concrete/hands-on materials, real life examples, etc to infuse varying lesson formats to keep student interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment