Monday, January 31, 2011

Virtual Museums & Math Projects

Before Friday, I had never heard of a virtual museum.  Basically, it's just a powerpoint template to showcase a project.  Tracey suggested it as an idea for the April 28th TRC Celebration as we brainstormed some of the ideas that had been floating through my mind.  I checked it out Friday after school and was impressed!  Very creative!

Right now, my mind is thinking on how to use it for the Celebration in April, but I know there could be more uses for it in the classroom.  Aahhh, the possibilities.

Education Virtual Museums was my first stop.  On the site are some neat templates and also step-by-step instructions to build your own museum (but who has the time at this stage in the game???)

Virtual Field Trips

You never know what you will stumble on when searching the web.  One link takes you here.  From here, you see something to take you there.  From there, you find this.  And that.  So many exciting new things.

Here's another website for math projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment